Super Bowl 2013 is estimated to be the most watched program in US TV history. Add a power outage, a close game, some good (and not so good ads), and of course Beyonce performing at half time and it was more than enough to get the social channels buzzing. We were excited to track social media conversations related to the Social Super Bowl once again.
This year we worked with our partner ExactTarget to create an infographic about the Super Bowl Social Media Experience. ExactTarget is the leading global provider of cross-channel interactive marketing SaaS solutions across email, mobile, social, and websites.
Here is a quick synopsis about this year’s Social Super Bowl. Stay tuned for some additional analysis about the game and the commercials.
- 24.1 million tweets generated around the Super Bowl
- Calvin Klein’s underwear ad drove the most conversations with 28% share of voice
- Ray Lewis was crowned Social MVP with a total of 180,771 tweets
- John Harbaugh was the winner of the “HarBowl,” topping his brother Jim with 44% positive sentiment
- Beyonce generated 5.5 million tweets on her halftime show alone
We hope you all enjoyed the game and the festivities!